The Creative Future Literary Awards are open for submissions until 26 June 2017.
Please read all the rules before submitting your work. They may not be the greatest work of literature but you must follow them if you want a chance of winning. If you have any questions or concerns about these rules, feel free to give us a call on 01273 234 780 or by emailing email@example.com
The competition opens on Tuesday 7 March 2016 and closes at 5 PM (GMT) on Monday 26 June 2017 . Any work submitted before the competition start date or after the deadline will not be eligible. Submissions cannot be altered after entry.
- You can submit up to one piece of writing in each category (poetry or fiction) which responds to the competition theme ‘Important Nothings‘. Poems should not exceed 200 words. Short fiction should not exceed 300 words. There is no fee to enter.
- The competition is open to under-represented writers living in the United Kingdom. For a definition of under-represented please see the competition eligibility criteria.
- You can enter online, by post or in person. Entries will not be returned. We would prefer if entries were typed (as it makes it easier for our judging) but if that’s not possible you can send in a handwritten entry.
- Please do not put your name on your work. All judging is done anonymously. Work with names on them will be disqualified. Your name will be on the entry form along with your contact details.
- Finalists will be notified if they have won a prize by 26 July 2017. The judges’ verdict is final. No correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- We would like award winners to be available for the prize giving ceremony in Birmingham on 11th October 2017, but exceptions will be made for those in prison or those too ill to attend. Award winners will have a chance to perform their work at our showcase event.
- The twelve winning pieces will be printed in an anthology and, therefore, must not have been published previously in any form. If you enter your work into another competition and you win, please notify us and withdraw your submission. Copyright remains with the author, though you must agree to allow us to publish winning work on ours and partners’ websites and the anthology.
- No employees of Creative Future or any of the project partners can enter the competition.
- All your personal data will be covered by current UK data protection legislation.
- We reserve the right to amend these Rules where it is deemed necessary to do so or where circumstances are beyond our control. Any changes to the Rules will be posted on the Creative Future and Creative Future Literary Award website.
- We reserve the right to not award the first prize, and to cancel the publication of the anthology, where circumstances are beyond our control, or if the judges’ overall verdict is that the level of entries is not up to the required standard for publication