Submissions for the Creative Future Literary Awards 2018 are now closed.
For updates, please sign up to our newsletter.
The following is for information only.
Please read all the rules before submitting your work. They may not be the greatest work of literature but you must follow them if you want a chance of winning. If you have any questions or concerns about these rules, feel free to give us a call on 01273 234 780 or by emailing [email protected]
The competition opens on Tuesday 3 April and closes at Noon (GMT) on Monday 18 June 2018 . Any work submitted before the competition start date or after the deadline will not be eligible. Submissions cannot be altered after entry.
- The competition closes Monday 18 June 2018 at Noon. Entries submitted after the deadline will not be eligible. Submissions cannot be altered after entry.
- This year’s theme is ‘Chemistry.’ Your work should respond to the theme, implicitly or explicitly. We are seeking the highest quality writing foremost.
- You can submit ONE piece of writing in each category (poetry or fiction) or ONE piece of writing in one category, up to and not exceeding the word limits per category:
- Poetry: maximum 200 words
- Fiction: maximum 1,000 words
- The competition is ONLY open to UK residents over 18 years old.
- The competition is ONLY open to people who are under-represented in the literary world–those who find it difficult to access the literary world either because of mental health issues, disability, health or social circumstance. These categories are defined on the Entry Form.
- You can enter online, by post or in person. You can enter online, by post or in person.
- We prefer typed entries, but accept handwritten entries—however do keep copies as entries will not be returned.
- Please DO NOT put your name on your work. Judging is anonymous.
- We cannot offer feedback on your work or enter into correspondence about your entry.
- Finalists will be notified by 31 July 2018 and no earlier. Judges’ decisions are final.
- Winning pieces will be published in our anthology and therefore must not have been published previously in magazines, anthologies or online where there is an external selection process (e.g. except on your own blog, website or social media).
- If you have entered your work into another competition and win, or the piece is accepted for publication elsewhere, please notify us immediately to withdraw your submission.
- Copyright remains with the author, though by submitting you agree to allow us to publish winning work in the anthology, on our and our partners’ websites.
- Employees of Creative Future or our project partners are ineligible to enter the competition.
- Your personal data will be covered by current UK data protection legislation.
- We reserve the right to not award the first prize, and to cancel the publication of the anthology, where circumstances are beyond our control, or if the judges’ overall verdict is that the level of entries is not up to the required standard for publication.
- We reserve the right to amend the Rules as deemed necessary or where circumstances are beyond our control. Any changes will be posted on the Creative Future Literary Awards website.