Submissions for the Creative Future Literary Awards 2018 are now closed.
For updates, please sign up to our newsletter.
This competition is for under-represented writers in the UK only. We identify these as: those who find it difficult to access the literary world either because of mental health issues, disability, health or social circumstance.
This includes people who feel their opportunities are limited as a result of:
- having a mental health issue
- having a physical disability
- having a long-term limiting illness
- having a learning disability/ASD/ADHD
- having a sensory impairment
- having a substance misuse issue
- being homeless or in temporary accommodation
- being a survivor of abuse
- being a care leaver
- being long term unemployed
- being a carer
- being an offender or ex-offender
- being part of the BMER/Traveller commuunity
- being part of the LGBTQ+ community
- being an older person (65+)
All competition entrants will have to state how they are under-represented on the competition entry form before being accepted as a valid competition entrant. This is a funder’s requirement. Entrants must be 18 years of age or over. If you have any questions or concerns about whether you are eligible, feel free to give us a call on 01273 234 780 or by emailing [email protected]